Std 12 Function Table

 




FUNCTIONS ( rotate your phone for better view )


Name of the function


Use

Important Words


Examples
1. Showing  / Expressing  Result  
પરિણામ દર્શાવવામાટે
So
Therefore
Too…to
Enough…to
So…that
Such…that
She is so clever that she top the class.
He is too lazy to do his homework.
2. Making Supposition 

કોઇ વ્યક્તિ અન્ય વ્યક્તિની જેમ કાર્ય કરે છે તેવી ધારણા દર્શાવવામાટે
As if
(જાણે કે)
He dances as if he were Michel Jackson.
3. Showing Comparison 
તુલના કે સરખામણી દર્શાવવામાટે
As+adjective+as
‘er’ form of adjective +than
 the + ‘est’ form of adjective
No other…
One of the…
Anita is as tall as Namrata.
Harsh is fatter than Yash.
Suyash  is the tallest boy in the class.

4. Showing Contrast



વિરોધાભાસ

Yet
But
Though
Although
Even though
Even if
Still
In spite of
Despite

He is poor, but he is happy.
He is rich, but he is unhappy.
Even if she is ill, she came to school.
Though he is clever, he failed.

5. Offering Suggestion
 સલાહ ક સૂચન આપવું

Should
Ought to
Had better

He is ill, he should rest.
He is ill from a week, he ought to take medicine.
You are ill from a month, you had better go to hospital.

6. Expressing Choice
ઈચ્છા વ્યક્ત કરવા માટે ,
કોઈ કર્યા થઈ શક્યું હોત તેવી ઇચ્છા દર્શાવવા માટે 
Would rather
Would rather…than
Would prefer

I would rather go by bus, than walk to my home.
I would rather get punished by my mother than my father.

7. Expressing habitual action in past
ભૂતકાળ ની ટેવ દર્શાવવા માટે
Used to
I used to go in mega cities.
I used to male new inventions.

8. Expressing Alternative choice
 બંને માથી કોઈ એક
બંને માથી કોઈ એક પણ નહીં

Either…or
Neither…nor
Either
Neither
Or

I will either wear white or black clothes.
It is neither costly nor cheap.

9. Showing Purpose
 હેતુ દર્શાવવા માટે

So that
With a view to
In order to
For
To

I opened the Mall for expand my money.
I joined army to serve the nation.
10. Showing Reason

 કારણ દર્શાવવા

Because
Because of
An account of
Owing to
Due to
As
Since

He could not come to school because he was ill.
I don’t knowwhy*she is late.
He couldn’t come to school owing to bad health.
(why – used for showing reason )
11. Expressing Condition
 શરત દર્શાવવા માટે
If
Unless

If you select me, I will serve you.
Unless you help me, I will report to the boss.
If you born, you will die.
12. Expressing Manner of Action
 કોઈ ક્રિયા કોઈ અન્ય વ્યક્તિ ની જેવી થાય છે તેવું દર્શાવવા માટે
As
Like

He runs like Milkha Shingh.
She dances as madhuri Dixit.
13. Declining
 ના પાડવા માટે

No
I can’t
I don’t

Sorry, I can’t come.
14. Ability
 ક્ષમતા દર્શાવવા માટે  
Can
Could

I can draw that picture.
15. Possibility/ Probability
સંભાવના કે શક્યતા
May might
It may rain today.
16. Reporting
 Direct-indirect
Indirect words like-
Told
Asked
Exclaimed
Ordered
Thanked
Requested
Suggested
Instructed…etc.

He suggested me to go.

18. Doer is not important
Active – passive
Passive sentence formation- Object is on the beginning of the sentences.
A letter is written by Mohan.
19. Talking About person
વ્યક્તિ વિશે વાત કરવા માટે


Who
It was Dinesh sir who taught us English.
20. talking about thing
વસ્તુ વિશે વાત કરવા માટે
Which
I saw a film which was very old.
21. talking about place
સ્થળ વિશે વાત કરવા માટે

Where
This is the place where the fair was held.
22. Seeking  information 
માહિતી મેળવવા માટે
Questions and question mark (?)
What is in your bag?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Std 12 Essay - My Favorite Cartoon Series

Short Note Unit-1_Condition For Making Love

Std 12 Unit - 2_Walt's Journey From "HORSE" To "MOUSE"